This is for a Ramen soup (it serves 2 people) . It’s really delicious and quite easy. I’m trying to use lockdown to learn some more vegan recipes and to understand how to cook tofu. This has been a high point on the journey!
- 600 ml Almond Milk
- 4 heaped tablespoons of white miso
- 200g firm/ extra firm tofu
- 150g kale or other greens torn into bite-sized pieces
- 250g brown rice noodles or any noodles will do
- 1 teaspoon turmeric,
- Soy sauce,
- Ginger, finely chopped
- Chilli finely chopped Optional: Coriander/ lime
- Mix the turmeric, ginger, chilli, miso and 1 tbsp of Almond milk to form a paste. Put one tablespoon of the paste into a bowl, add the tofu and a good dash of soy sauce and toss to coat, leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil into a pan and stir-fry the kale until it’s crisp around the edges. Add a pinch of salt and scoop from the pan into a bowl. Put the pan back on the heat, add a little more oil and fry the tofu until golden.
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to their instructions, drain and divide between two serving bowls.
- While the noodles are cooking, gently heat the almond milk in a large saucepan until just about to come to the boil then take it off the heat and stir in the remaining turmeric miso paste.
- Pour the liquid over the noodles and top the bowls with the kale and tofu. If you like add lime juice and coriander.